Featured Is Nigeria Holding Back The 'South East'? See this Amazing Health Stats!

Discussion in 'Development' started by Onye, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Onye

Onye Admin Staff Member

I was kind of thinking the average for Nigeria is really below average in Igboland so here are some statistics I've found online, these are some summarised graphics which are expounded on in the linked reports:

[​IMG]

The map statistics (2008) are from: http://dhsprogram.com/pubs/pdf/SR173/SR173.pdf

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    izu likes this.
  2. Onye

Onye Admin Staff Member

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  3. Onye

Onye Admin Staff Member

Of course this isn't all of Igboland combined as a large chunk of the Igbo indigenous lands and people are in Delta State and Rivers State, but what do you think, coupled with the high education attainment of the "south east" (a chunk of Igboland), is Nigeria holding Igboland back?

[​IMG]

izu likes this.
  4. Izu

Izu Admin Staff Member

I think the last graphic representation of the stats is wrong, for a start there shouldn't be anything like 140% in this regard. In a rare occasion you use above 100% while presenting stats is in a case of ROI ie Return on Investment as a result of a simple logic - you can invest $1 and gain $10. The simple explanation of the last graph is like saying that 100 pupils entered primary school while 120 finished, that 20 must me a magic or miracle. That being said, there is no way Ebonyi and to an extent Enugu State will surpass Anambra and Imo State in the percentage of pupils that completed primary school education. Ebonyi is known to be sending their young ones to live with people in other Eastern cities like Enugu, Onitsha etc. They are also notorious for sending their children who are supposed to be in school to go hawking at the road side. In my side and surrounding, the poorest families can afford to send their children to public primary school till they finish. That's the only flaw I see in this stats.

I am very happy for the truth exposed by this simple stats with graph here, I have been saying this time without number - the present Nigeria set up today is not just not favoring Igboland, it is holding us back. Igbo is a 'bomb' waiting to 'explode' but the politics in this present Nigeria is a big hold-back to ndigbo.
    Thank goodness for the simple truth exposed by the graphs above, imagine on 2% of young women in North West going for HIV test while South East is 23% and child bearing stats of the teenagers at 45% in contrast to that of South East @ 8%. 'Nough said!
    I will certainly reserve this stats and graph for further use.
    Thanks for this again!

Onye likes this.