Satan is Doing his Work, Do Your Own by Anayo Nwosu.

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by izu, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Izu

Izu Admin Staff Member

There are so many mysteries hidden from mankind and lack of understanding of which has been very manifest in the way we deal with Satan.
    The role of Satan in our lives is yet to be fully understood. But for sure, he means no well for us. But he seems to have his own assignment to executive.
    I see Satan as one of the creatures with specific duties to test humans and distract them from either achieving salvation or happiness.
    Satan may not be too far from God as we carnally see. I would rather see Satan as an agent or instrument God uses to qualify, test or punish his other creatures.
    How do you explain the appearance of Satan with the angels before God in Job 2:1 as reproduced below:
    "One day the members of the heavenly court came again to present themselves before the LORD, and the Accuser, Satan, came with them".
    One may be right to believe that this event happened in heaven.
    It was during this appearance that he was given the authority to go tempt Job, an assignment he diligently discharged. He was also given a no-go area.
    The same Devil took Jesus (in Matthew 4:5) "...to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple" for testing.
    The the most confounding is a revelation in 1 Samuel 18:10 that "...next day an evil spirit from God came forcefully on Saul".
    To enable him to accomplish Judas role in mankind's salvation as recorded in Luke 22:3, "...Satan entered Judas, called Iscariot, one of the Twelve". He needed to betray Jesus.
    Recall that in Luke 4:13 "When the devil had finished all this tempting, he left him (i.e. Jesus) until an opportune time." That was the time Satan himself returned to possess Judas to play his ignoble role.
    The very potent proof that Satan could possess a man of God even in the presence of Jesus is recorded in Matthew 16:23.
    Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns."

I have come to conclude that every good thing has its own Satan whose role is to make the good lose its goodness or to restrain something or somebody from having the capacity to achieve goodness.
    The panacea to resisting the more experienced Satan is to heed Jesus' advice in Matthew 26:41 that mankind should
    "watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."
    I should suppose he meant that all flesh are weak. No one is exempted.
    Note that Jesus allowed Satan to complete his temptation assignment. He knew Satan's roles so well and the scope of his work. Instead casting and bidding, he prodded him to do it fast. Jesus remained prayerful and fortified his body through fasting to avoid a slip.
    Jesus faithfully awaited the return of Satan in Judas, in his accusers and prosecutors before the chief priests, Herold and Pilate; and also in the tormenting soldiers and the crucifiers. He exclaimed "it's finished!" at the end. Glory came!
    This write up will be useful to people whose travails have defied medical and spiritual healing as the sufferer would desire and/or as promised by a compassionate man of God. Perhaps, Satan is yet to finish his assignment as it concerns you.

The experience of Job and Jesus whereby God allowed Satan to finish his assignments may be a good reference to you and I.
    Fortify yourself with prayer and fasting. It will end in glory. Jesus' manly prayer for a skip of the humungous suffering he termed "a chalice or cup" was squarely refused by God. He was rather strengthened to bear his cross. That, he did with equanimity.
    Sadly though, the tried or the tempted may need to claim his glorious prize in the second half of our existence, that is in heaven. In other words, part of the package may include a loss of a dear life.
    Yes, you may lose your life. Does it matter?
    Be comforted by Jesus' promise in Matthew 16:25 that "...whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it".
    Therefore, Satan is doing his work. Do your own. God knows about it all.
    What/who is Satan to you?